Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gemütlichkeit is: Crisp Saturday morning thrifting




A few weeks ago, on a sunny and crisp Saturday morning, I pulled myself out of bed, made a to-go cup of jasmine green tea and walked down to the flea market just a few blocks from my house.  In the fall, there is nothing I love more than meandering in and out of rows of old books, old ladies' fur coats, vintage china and all things musty and dusty.  It makes my soul happy to be surrounded by so many beautiful things, by so much history.  To be in such a place on an autumn morning is like dying and going to heaven.

It was hard to choose just a few things, but in the end I settled on a French cocktail shaker, a wooden, pear-shaped bowl, a cool rock lamp and a oversized apothecary jar, which is probably one of my favorite  things I have ever bought at a flea market.  :-)

Do you like thrifting?  (Yes? I thought so. Leave a comment with a link to your favorite thrifty purchases.)  What is the ideal Saturday morning for you?  I'd love to hear your thoughts. 


No comments: