Tuesday, May 7, 2013

For the mothers


I am an awfully long way away from my mom.  Some days all I can think about is having lunch and iced tea with her or having her give me a hug.  Still, every day I feel so, so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving, giving person to call any time of the day or night.  

I can't do much for my mom this year for Mother's Day (and have shamefully even failed at getting a card in the mail on time), but if I could do something for her, this is what I would do...




I'd invite her over to my house for a night away.  I would cook her dinner (something with a lot of butter) and set up a cozy room just for her.  She could watch TV in bed all night long (something she never gets to do because my dad goes to bed at 8 every night) or at least until she fell asleep.  Then, in the morning when she woke up, I would serve her a breakfast in bed just like this one.  There is nothing more luxurious than breakfast in bed.  What a fantastic way to say thanks to your mother for the 20, 30 or 40 years of never-ending work and love.  


Your breakfast could include:  A juice or a smoothie.  Something for her health.  


Her favorite breakfast item (here delicious bread with ginger jam)


Some pretty flowers (okay, this is a must) and her favorite book or morning paper.  Don't forget a candle (but be careful that it isn't a fire hazard).  


What are you doing for your mom this mother's day? 











No comments: