Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sardinian textiles

Hello friends!  I told you I would tell you a little bit about my trip to Sardinia.  I know that it's been a while, but better late than never, huh?

Sardinia was BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTIC.  It was the best vacation I have ever been on, really.   Well, I don't count the summers I spent in Michigan or the Camino de Santiago (which I did in 2008) as vacations.   Every summer I spent in Michigan and the Camino were fantastic but this real "vacation" with hotel, relaxation and pampering was absolutely perfect.

From a design and aesthetic standpoint, the coolest thing about Sardinia was the traditional interiors.  Traditional Sardinian interiors are simple and rustic.  They are big on ironwork, woodwork and these beautiful embroidered textiles.  The simplicity was really beautiful and, on vacation, really relaxing.  Our hotel, luckily, was LUXURIOUS and filled with beautiful wood pieces, ironwork and Sardinian textiles.

Secondly, from a design standpoint, the aesthetics in Italy are just DIFFERENT from those in Germany.  They are colorful, loud and exciting.  Sometimes, they can be a bit extreme (tacky) but mostly they are fun, happy and perfectly suited to me.

Here are some pictures to give you some ideas.   Enjoy.



Grotta Nettuna.

A colorful morning.

Look at that sea!  And the colors!

Boat ride.

Before dinner one evening.

Beautiful Sardinian textiles.

Our beautiful Sardinian hotel.

Here you can see the embroidered pattern on the lampshade.

Wood and ironwork. 

Pool and lake at hotel.  Bright blue!!

Hotel from afar.

Blue sea.

Look at the colors.  The flowers in Italy are beautiful!!

Town of Algehro.

Colorful, old fisherman.

Beautiful gate.


Cute tropical town.

Lavender.

Green and pink!

No comments: