Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th


Some days, it's harder to be away from home than others. Today is one such day--not because I'm particularly patriotic or because I miss all that much about AMERICA, but because I just want a good excuse to have a festive summertime party, a sweet treat of red and blue berries and a whole heck of a lot of fireworks.

I want the day off work; I want to be lying by a lake somewhere. I want a hotdog and corn on the cob, a block party. I want a celebration, not to work until 9 tonight...

Instead, I had a festive breakfast this morning (yogurt, strawberries and blueberries), in celebration of the U.S. and in celebration of summer. The rest will have to wait until the weekend.

If you're in the States, I wish you the most wonderful 4th of July. Get outside and enjoy it. Eat some watermelon for me and light a sparkler.

No comments: