Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What to do with creativity?


Lately, I have been feeling super creative.  In fact, it's driving me a bit crazy because I have so much pent up creative energy that I feel like it is just going to pour out of me at any moment.  It's not something that can be remedied by normal arts and crafts type projects like painting a dresser or making a tote bag.  This energy is bigger.  It feels important and begging to be listened to.  It's like a force driving me to something.  Problem is, I just don't know what and I don't know where to go from here. 

How do you deal with your creative energy?  Do you have any suggestions or tips for harnessing this energy that you can share with me?  Do you ever have the feeling that you have a lot of it and you don't know what to do with it or where to put it?  How do you cope?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS have ideas, though they're not creative DIY-type ideas as much. It definitely also drove me crazy. I started using my phone for notes when no pen was available and then carrying around a notebook. I also started a white binder at home with headings in every group/project I'm working with/on so I could organize it a little bit. I'm still leanring though ... I have stuff everywhere. A box for little slips, post-it notes on my desk, a calendar on my wall and a planner in my bag, a bulletin board, etc. I hope you find something! Just keep writing things down, is my advice. :)