Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Welcome to my new home

If every cloud has a silver lining, this is most certainly mine.  Every day I fall more in love with this place and it's honey colored floors, huge windows and teeny tiny kitchen.  The way the light shines in in the morning, the clang clang of the old pipes and the adorable little Hausmeisterin on the 4th floor who is always so friendly, chats with me in German about life and wears her slippers everywhere she goes.  Ich fühle mich wohl. 

I have been very lucky to have found this home for myself, to feel so good and at ease here.  This is now my haven to sort my thoughts and heal my heart.   And, I am blessed to have had so much help from people that I never knew I could rely on.  My friends here, my colleagues, students, everyone has been so wonderful and I have finally found out that I belong here.  Germany is, in fact, my home.  

Couch, black dresser, kitchen chairs, wicker chair, black desk and shelf, bed, all bedding (except multi-colored pillows), striped blankets, faux fur all from Ikea. Necklace stands from Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters (old). Pillows from West Elm (black and white one at vanity), Cost Plus World Market (gold on couch) and Tchibo (fur on couch) in Germany.  Lotus candle holder from Sostrene Grenes and multicolored frame from Missoni for Target.    Almost everything else is thrifted.  







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie,
I'm so proud of you !! your space looks great and cozy. You have good taste in decorating things!!!

Best regards

Viala