Thursday, May 12, 2011

DIY day

Hello!  It's been a while since I have been a little busy with life the last few days.  But, I was doing a little surfing this afternoon (waiting for a phone call) I came upon some really awesome DIY things.  Time to get working!

***

I am dying to make these lamps for pretty much all over my house.  They are a great idea and the tutorial comes from the website Crafty Nest






Then there is also this beautiful hanging lamp from More Design Please made entirely out of lace doilies.  I am dying to make it for my bedroom to soften it up, as it often feels too masculine to me. Honestly, I think that may be my Sunday project this weekend (the forecast says rain)!  My only challenge is finding real doilies.  Would it be tacky to use paper ones, lol?  It actually looks easier than the hemp lamps! 




This little key holder is too cute and I am actually thinking about doing this project tonight!  It doesn't look too difficult.  Plus, it comes surprisingly from the Fiskars website.  And I have got to plug Fiskars for just a minute because they are Finnish!  My "schwiegermutter" is Finnish and brought me back some real Finnish Fiskars (say that ten times fast) from her last trip.  I will be sure to use them when I tackle my project tonight. 



And then this is this project which I absolutely will not tackle.  For various reasons, the first of which being that I don't have a sewing machine and the second of which being that, even if I did have a sewing machine, I hardly know how to use one.  It's from A Little Lovely Blog, which is, in fact, quite lovely.  But, I beg you to try this project and tell me how it goes.  Better yet, I beg you to try this project and do it for me so I can hang this lovely yellow masterpiece in my future bathroom, which will actually have a shower.  (I wouldn't mind having the insanely expensive Anthropologie version, either!)  



I hope this inspires you to take on a couple of projects today or this week or this weekend.  It's amazing what you can do for your own home with a few bucks (or in the case of the shower curtain above $20--which is not bad for something so fantastic) and a little creativity. 

XOXO

No comments: