Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lake house living

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19

Growing up, my family spent every summer at our beautiful lake house--affectionately known as 'the cottage'--on Magician Lake in rural southwestern Michigan.  Summers there were always dreamy, filled with days spent in the water, eating fresh peaches and cherries, watching thunderstorms roll in and catching fish or lightening bugs at night.  

Above all other places in the world, this one is the most important to me and I am so lucky to continue to be able to go these days.  In fact, in my whole life, I have only skipped one year and it was so miserable I hope I never have to do it again.  

Lake life is in my blood and is such a huge part of who I am.  When I am not there, I am dreaming of it and am inspired by it.  So, I put together a little mood board based on the idea of living at the lake.  I chose to focus on both a light and a navy blue, as well as mustard/golden yellow and just a few pops of red.  I added in some natural wood elements, a bit of metal and a large dose of nautical accessories to  reflect the nature of living on a lake.

One day, I hope to have a house of my own on Magician Lake.  I'd love to fill it with these things and some special family mementos from 3 generations spent on the lake.

I will be there at the end of July but until then I'll go back to dreaming about it!

No comments: