Tuesday, April 17, 2012

8 things


Sometimes it really is the little things that make your day.  That's why it is important to surround yourself with things that make you smile.   Lately, these are mine.

1. A sweet bird bookmark that my good friend Viala brought back for me from Taiwan.  I use it in every book I read and every time I see it I feel a burst of happiness; it reminds me of our very beautiful friendship.

2.  I got this tea cup from West Elm while I was home in California.  I still can't get enough of it.

3.  This "Turkish Apple" tea has been my favorite for over a year now.  It is the perfect evening tea, sweet but not too sweet and caffeine free.  It's made by Teekanne here in Germany and is called 'Türkischer Apfel" for those of you who live here and want to try it.

4.  These beautiful and delicate faux-gold earrings I got at Target while in California. They go well with everything and are subtle yet lux.  

5.  My favorite evening dessert is two of these Werther's Eclair caramel chews.  They are decadent and satisfying but not overly indulgent.  Plus, they go really well with my apple-fig tea.

6.  Orange-red nail polish for spring.  It's new and so bright.  It's like poppies in a bottle.

7.  I just started Ken Follett's Fall of Giants and so far I've gotten in to it quickly.  I really like his Kingsbridge books (Pillars of the Earth and World Without End) so I am interested to see how this one is.  It's a thick book, though, so I will let you know in several months!

What's putting a smile on your face today?  Please share!

No comments: