Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new


Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful evening celebrating on Saturday, a lovely day recovering on Sunday and a successful first-workday of the new year yesterday.   2011 was a really great year for me, full of lots of adventures and happiness.  I turned 25 this year and it made me feel a whole lot older and wiser.   And despite a couple of scary moments, I felt a whole lot more content and at peace than I can remember feeling before.  It must be something that comes with old age and gray hairs (which I also had a lot of this year).

Here are some of my favorite memories and achievements of 2011.  From right to left, top to bottom they are:

1) Beautiful flowers all spring long and the most beautiful spring ever in Germany.  So much sun and warm weather.

2) An incredibly snowy winter.  And Peter's graduation in January.

3) My first flight in a small, private plane and seeing the landscape from up high.

4) One of my best friends coming to visit in May.

5) A most wonderful vacation in Sardinia in June.  

6) My first swim in the Mediterranean (in Sardinia).  Check that off my bucket list.

7) King of Leon concert in Berlin in June.

8)  Celebrating the 4th of July with students.

10) Teaching my first ever English Kid's Camp over the summer.

11)  Feeding a baby deer at a wild park near us.

12) Seeing my family in California in September.

13) My first trip in Oktoberfest in October.  Prost!

14) Turning 25! AHHHHHHHH!

15) The most beautiful fall ever!

16) Peter running 50k (whoa) in October.

17) Our first (and last) Christmas in our pretty little apartment.

****

2012, I have been waiting for you with open arms.  I can't wait to see what you have in store--all the fun, the adventures, all things new.  2012: Bring. It. On.

No comments: